Monday, December 22, 2008

Fairies and Mermaids

While I wait and watch at dance for my girls ( about 12 hours a week) I  x-stitch ...It is funny that lots of the little girls (7-16) are so interested in not only what I am making but how I do it and even some of them have started projects of their own and brought them in to show me! I am glad to share my progress with them and I love to see the pride of my own girls when they tell their friends about the project I am working on...I feel proud when the parents come in and jokingly say things like do you ever leave and ask if I am "still" working on the same thing...I am grateful to my hubby for working so hard so I can be the kind of mom that just sits and be with my girls and stitch for hours and they all don't want me to be anywhere else!! I wouldn't trade it for the world!! Here is what I made from Sept to last night! 192 hours to do it!! Worth every min. This is going in Ash's room and the next one will be for Hailey...If you are wondering how the quilt is going.....yep I am still on it but I am starting the 5th square!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful such a lot of work.