Tuesday, November 24, 2009

simply the best

Michelle has made this totally simple birthday card and I want to say sometimes simple cards are the best..we spend so much time thinking how to up ourselves and we forget the simple things. I guess I have this thought because Christmas is coming and my sweet hubby and I always seem to think our kids need more....more what??? I have been so fortunate to have been given the gift of time at home with them and yes I will say it my hubby as well and shouldn't that be enough?? For the last couple of years we have cut down ...I mean way down.. on their gifts and focused on what we give to others not what we receive...Of course I made up my list tonight what we have bought and the first thing I thought was what else should we get for them..I decided the answer was nothing..they will be happy to get the gifts we have and it is time I learned that..."It is hard to teach moms things" ...that is a quote from my girls... they are simply the best!

No comments: